ATN & RK Software has completed the automation of revenue and accounts departments of 7 City Corporations namely, Dhaka South, Dhaka North, Chittagong, Khulna, Rajshahi, Sylhet, and Barisal City Corporations under the Urban Public and Environmental Health Sector Development Program (UPEHSDP) of Local Government Division (LGD), Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Cooperatives (MoLGRD&C), Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh (GOB). The works and services of this assignment resemblances similar environments and conditions.
Particulars of this assignment:
- Notification of Award No.: UPEHSDP/UPEHU/2015-16/253/96 Dated 21/01/2016
Name of Contract: Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) Infrastructure for National Urban Data Center (NUDC) & Two Piloting City Corporations (CCs), and Software Development for Modernizing and Computerizing in 7 CCs Municipal Financial and Revenue Management System.
Name and Address of Procuring Entity: Urban Public Environmental Health Sector Development Project. Nagar Bhaban Level 11, 5 Phoenix Road Dhaka-1000.
The main scope of this assignment was:
- Providing Custom development, piloting, implementation and maintenance of web based application software solution for Double Entry Accrual Accounting System (DEAAS) and Revenue Management System (RMS) in 7 (seven) City Corporations (CCs). and up gradation and maintenance of Project Monitoring and Information System (PMIS). Enable the city corporation with a web based application software for issuance and application of Trade license, Holding tax and Market rent through citizen portal as well with online payment of fees.
- Technical Hand Holding Support Services (HHSS) on accrual accounting and modern revenue management during system study and piloting in two CCs and also during implementation in the remaining 5 CCs. The scope of work would include but not limited to:
- Capacity building of City Corporation (CC) staff and providing help in the preparation of opening Balance Sheet, Assets and all other related registers,identification and valuation City Corporation’s (CC’s) assets and providing accounting expertise for customization and operationalization of Double Entry Accrual Accounting System (DEAAS) & Revenue Management System (RMS) at all 7 CCs. This package also includes providing trainings for users as required in all CC’s especially on improved accounts and revenue systems.
- Providing trainings on hardware, its accessories, network system, system software, developed application software, database system, system administration, network administration and HHSS for users as required in all CC’s during software development, piloting, implementation and maintenance of Double Entry Accrual Accounting System (DEAAS) & Revenue Management System (RMS).
- All sorts of Data Entry services during testing, piloting, implementation and maintenance period 7 (seven) CCs.
- Providing all ICT infrastructures necessary for National Urban Data Centre (NUDC) and 2 piloting CCs, including supply, installation, operationalize and maintenance of all hardware and general purpose software. Hardware includes servers, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, LAN and Internet infrastructure. Software includes Operating System (OS) and other basic and essential software as prescribed in this document. Vendor responsibilities also include – Supply, Installation, Maintenance & Facility Management, Warranty, Technical Support and Training.
Objectives of this assignment were:
- Improving the financial health of the City Corporations (CCs), which includes:
- Improving expenditure management
- Supporting revenue improvement
- Introducing capital financing approaches, including on and off budget
- Improving the financial accounting and management systems of City Corporations, which includes:
- Reforming and improving the manual financial accounting and management systems and procedures
- Introducing computerized financial management systems
- Introducing internal audit systems
- Enhancing the capacity of City Corporations’ staff to implement and manage improved systems, which includes:
- Orienting the City Corporation staff to international best practices through study tours, workshops and training programs
- Providing guidance and technical support in the design and implementation of improved systems and procedures
- Organizing training programs on financial management, municipal finance, auditing and Information & Communication Technologies (ICT).
The assignment covers only two departments of seven City Corporations and zonal offices under the City Corporations. Two departments are:
- Accounts Departments and
- Revenue Departments
Business Requirements as set for the two departments corresponding modules in the automation:
The Main Business of Accounts department follows:
- Budget preparation.
- Financial management.
- Preparation and payment of salaries.
- Examination and payment of contractor/supplier bills.
- Payment of utility bills.
- Co-ordination among the department for Accounts and financial purpose.
Modules in the Double Entry Accrual Accounting System (DEAAS)
- Basic Audit Control
- Inventory Accounting
- Fixed Assert
Following processes are the main business of revenue department
- Holding Tax.
- Trade License
- Market Salami
- Wheel Tax
- Amusement and entertainment tax
- Property transfer tax
- Bill board (advertisement)
Modules in the Revenue Management System (RMS)
- Holding Tax
- Water Tax
- Trade License
- Rent Collection
- Bill Board
- Collection of all types Fees
- Misc. Collection